Psychologists practice in a range of areas and workplaces. Most commonly known are counselling or clinical psychologists, who you might consult about personal or relationship issues. However, psychologists also practice in industrial and organisational settings, education, community issues, sport and health, to name just a few. These expert psychologists practise in diverse workplaces, from schools and welfare agencies to companies and hospitals.

Choose from the links below to find out more about the various areas in psychology:

APS College websites

Each specialist area is represented by an APS College (See About APS Colleges) and all Colleges have their own website, which can be accessed via the links below:

Find a Psychologist

Find a psychologist near you

The APS Find a Psychologist Service is a referral service for the general public, GPs and other health professionals who are seeking the advice and assistance of a qualified APS psychologist.

Search by:

  • location
  • client issue
  • client type
  • appointment times
  • therapeutic approaches
  • interventions used

Search now