The APS Riverina Branch Third Year Student Prize in Community Support and Development is a prize awarded to a Charles Sturt University third year student who has contributed to the psychological wellbeing of the Riverina community. The aim of the prize is to encourage and reward students’ application of psychological knowledge in their local community; excellence in academic studies in psychology and to promote membership of the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
- The Prize is the responsibility of the Riverina Branch of the APS.
- The Riverina Branch will have primary responsibility for raising the funds for the Prize.
- Members of the Riverina Branch Committee will be responsible for recommending an appropriate recipient of the Prize to the Board. The recipient will be notified by the APS Riverina Branch. The recipient of the Prize shall be announced in the APS Riverina Branch newsletter.
- The Prize will be presented at the APS Riverina Branch AGM or a similar event.
- Have completed three years of an undergraduate degree in Psychology (Bachelor of Psychology or Bachelor of Social Science [Psychology]) in the year prior to the Prize.
- Have undertaken the third year of the undergraduate degree in Psychology (internally or externally) on the Charles Sturt University Campus
- Working in either paid and/or volunteer work that contributes to the psychological wellbeing of the Riverina Community.
- All students will be made aware of the Prize through formal academic channels and the APS Riverina Branch website.
- Students will submit a formal letter of application of no more than 500 words outlining the applicants’ community achievements.
- Students will submit an academic transcript with a grade point average (GPA) of 5 or more.
- Students will submit a written referee letter from a contactable referee.
- The members of the Riverina Branch General Committee will be responsible for identifying the successful recipient of the Prize.
Value of the award
Successful candidates for the APS Riverina Branch Student Prize will:
- receive a cheque for $150;
- be offered a 12 month student membership to the APS without cost to the candidate, provided they meet the eligibility criteria for this grade of membership. If the recipient is an existing student member of the APS, they will be offered a student membership for the following twelve (12) months at no cost to the recipient.
- a certificate of achievement issued by the Australian Psychological Society
- a plaque, issued by the APS Riverina Branch, showing the achievement of the recipient.
Member Groups Administrator
Tel: 03 8662 3300