The Biennial Peace Art Award for Secondary Students is offered by the Psychologists for Peace Interest Group.
The Biennial Peace Art Award encourages year 11 students with artistic talent to apply their gift to creative ways of communicating a key message about peace; whether peace within the self, the family, the community or the world, and encourages those young artists, their peers, their families, teachers and the wider viewing public to consider ways of promoting peace in their own lives.
The award is made biennially to a secondary school student in years 10-12 in Western Australia.
- The Award is the responsibility of Psychologists for Peace Interest Group.
- The Western Australian Group of Psychologists for Peace will have primary responsibility for raising the funds for the Award.
- The Chair of the Western Australian Group of Psychologists for Peace will appoint a selection committee of at least one member and one artist to be responsible for recommending an appropriate recipient of the Award to the Board.
- The nominated artwork will be displayed at an appropriate venue for period of time determined by the Western Australian Group of Psychologists for Peace.
- The award will be presented at an appropriate event and will be announced in InPsych.
- Nominees need not be members of the Society.
- Nominees must be students currently enrolled in a Western Australian secondary school and must submit an item of artwork for consideration.
- Additional eligibility criteria may be notified to applicants at the time of the call for nominations.
- A call for nominations for the Biennial Peace Art Award will be made every two years by publication of notices in InPsych and invitations to secondary schools.
- Nominations should be addressed to the Western Australian Group of Psychologists for Peace and received by the date set in the call for nominations notice.
- Nominations will only be accepted from the artist and their school.
- Nominations are made by submitting the artwork with the nominee’s full contact details and the full contact details of the nominee’s school to the address specified in the call for nominations.
Value of the award
Successful candidates for the Biennial Peace Art Award will receive an award of not less than $500 and an additional sum of not less than $500 will also be awarded to their school. The amount to be awarded will be notified in the call for nominations.
2nd Prize: $250 for student
Highly Commended: Two prizes of $100
Psychologists for Peace is very grateful to the Medical Association for Prevention of War and the Art Education Association of Western Australia for supporting this project.
Closing date 26 July 2013
Mobile: 0419 043 768
Peter Moyes Anglican Community School
warped reality of peace
It is what you believe it is
Sacred Heart College
The Peace Journey
Stephanie Law & Carina McPherson
Sacred Heart College
Shades of Peace
Methodist Ladies College
Mindarie Senior College
Keep Them Alive
|For a full list of prize winners, please see www.groups.psychology.org.au/awards/art/