eHealth for Practitioners is an online short course for allied health practitioners. This course provides the opportunity to complete CPD online at your own pace, in your own time and, for APS members, provides 12 hours of CPD.
In the coming decade, the Australian healthcare system will undergo some major reforms, including a gradual transition to a national eHealth system which will culminate in the Personally Controlled Electronic Health Record (eHealth record) for all Australians who wish to have one. This short course, eHealth for Practitioners, aims to assist practitioners in developing the knowledge and skills to plan and implement the necessary changes to their current practice to align with national eHealth standards.
The complete course is presented as six learning modules.
- Module 1 - The Digital Age: provides a context for the move toward an Australian eHealth system including trends and key policies driving eHealth.'
- Module 2 - eHealth Foundations: introduces the fundamental concepts that will underpin a national eHealth system.
- Module 3 - eHealth Solutions: highlights how the eHealth foundations will form the basis on which future health processes, systems and procedures are built.
- Module 4 - Introduction to the Personally Controlled Electronic Health Record: Looks at what the eHealth record is and how consumers and providers can benefit from it.
- Module 5 - eHealth in Practice: examines concepts related to eHealth that you will need to understand to make choices about the implementation of eHealth to their practice.
- Module 6 - Making the Transition: looks at your current practice including practice management software and helps you to formulate a plan to transition to the eHealth system.
This professional development was collaboratively developed by the Australian Psychological Society (APS) with assistance and funding from the National E-Health Transition Authority (NEHTA).
- Six, self-paced modules
- Each module is divided into several topics and include resources, websites, readings, videos, online forums and interactive case studies to assist and consolidate your learning.
- Modules 1-5 have a self-paced assessment which you can complete online at a time/date of your choice. This assessment consists of questions in multiple choice format.
- Certificate of completion.
What do you need to access this CPD?
You should be able to access this online CPD with a modern computer (including access to a printer) that is less than three years old. Please check with your IT supplier and your internet provider that your computer and internet service has the following:
An internet connection with a minimum of 512Kbps bandwidth
An audio device such as speakers or headphones
A screen with a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels