Registrations for this course have now closed.
These instructional materials have been revised and updated in a new APS Institute course:
Participants who are still enrolled into this course are encouraged to continue working through this version.
This online CPD is the ideal way for providers of Focused Psychological Strategies (FPS) to meet the 30 June CPD deadline. Satisfactory completion of this training will allow practitioners who are registered to provide Focused Psychological Strategies (FPS) Medicare items to demonstrate compliance with the mandatory ten (10) hours of CPD required to maintain billing rights to provide FPS items under Medicare.
This training provides access to the latest research and developments in the CBT field, giving you an improved understanding of the current cognitive behavioural models of anxiety and depressive disorders. Access to video recordings of simulated therapy sessions, and regular opportunities to engage in online forums with fellow practitioners will also contribute to your learning.
- Assessments for CBT, including client suitability for short term CBT
- CBT case formulation
- Behaviourally-focused interventions, including behavioural activation, monitoring activities, scheduling activities, interpersonal skills training, arousal reduction, exposure
- Cognitively-focused interventions, including thought records, thinking in shades of grey, survey method, responsibility pie, cost-benefit analysis, behavioural experiments, schema change/ core belief work, and relapse prevention.
- Ten one-hour, self-paced modules
- Each module includes a printable learning guide, online video demonstrations, interactive activities, readings and other relevant resources to enable you to demonstrate active learning in your annual CPD portfolio
- Access to some further readings may involve an additional fee; however, these reading are not a requirement to complete the course.
- Participants must successfully complete an online assessment for each module in order to pass
- Certificate of completion.
This professional development was collaboratively developed by the Australian Psychological Society (APS), the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) and Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA) with a funding contribution from the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing (DoH&A) as part of the Better Access to psychiatrists, psychologists and general practitioners through the Medicare Benefits Schedule initiative.
What do you need to access this CPD?