The College of Clinical Psychologists (SA) Significant Contribution Award is granted biennially
to a member of the SA Section of the APS College of Clinical Psychologists who has made a significant contribution to clinical psychology in South Australia. The Award seeks to promote and encourage excellence in clinical psychology and to reward and encourage clinical psychologists for their substantial contribution in the areas of assessment and treatment, education, research, community education, training/supervision, mentoring, advocacy and/or service development.
- The College of Clinical Psychologists (SA Section) is responsible for administering the Award and for funding of the Award.
- The Committee for the College of Clinical Psychologists (SA Section) will appoint a selection committee of three (3) members of the Executive and two invited nominees to confidentially assess all applications prior to making a recommendation to the SA Section of the College of Clinical Psychologists Committee for subsequent approval by the APS Board of Directors.
- Once the winner has been approved by the APS Board, the Award will be presented at the following Annual General Meeting of the APS College of Clinical Psychologists (SA Section) and the prize winner will be invited to make a brief presentation at that meeting on their clinical work or on another topic relevant to their work in clinical psychology.
- Nominees must be Members of the College of Clinical Psychologists (SA Section).
- The SA Section of the APS College of Clinical Psychologists will seek nominations from SA members.
- Nominations will be forwarded to APS Member Groups Administrator (College) at the National Office.
In judging the nominations for the award, the selection committee will consider the substantial contribution to clinical psychology in the areas of:
- assessment and treatment;
- community education;
- training / supervision;
- advocacy; and / or
- service development.
Value of the award
Successful candidates for the Award will:
- Be presented with a certificate;
- Receive an award of conference funding expenses to the value of $1500;
Nominations close 31 July.
Please send nominations to:
APS Member Groups Administrator (Colleges)
Australian Psychological Society
PO Box 38
Flinders Lane VIC 8009