The APS Workplace Excellence Award in Leadership, Development and Coaching aims to celebrate excellence in the application of psychology improve individual, team and organisational outcomes through effective interventions to improve leadership performance.
- The APS College of Organisational Psychologists is responsible for administering the Award.
- The National Committee for the APS College of Organisational Psychologists will appoint a selection committee of at least three (3) members to be responsible for selecting an appropriate Award winner.
- The Selection Committee will be comprised of at least two Members of the APS College of Organisational Psychologists (one of whom will lead the Selection Committee) and may include a relevant Award-topic expert.
- The Award will be presented annually at an APS event.
- Eligible candidates for the Award can be Commercial, Not-for-Profit, non-Government, or Government-funded organisations who operate a business in Australia.
- This Award in Leadership Development and Coaching recognises the design, development and implementation of contemporary psychological approaches to improve leadership performance and effectiveness, including one-on-one (e.g. coaching) and group (e.g. development programs) processes. It is expected that examples of excellence will have considered evidence-based and contemporary approaches to developing leaders in complex and ever-changing work environments, with increasingly diverse workforces.
Eligible applicantions must present the following information through the online submission form listed on the APS website by the due date:
- Summary of up to 150 words describing the program or intervention and its outcomes.
- A Report of up to 2,000 words detailing:
- The issue
- The intervention
- The outcome of the intervention in terms of the issue
- How the key outcomes contributed value to the organisation
The Report should address the Award criteria. It may contain up to three links to video or web references. It should be saved in PDF.
- Contact details and the role/position of the individual submitting the application on behalf of the organisation.
- A short profile of up to 50 words about the organisation
- A signed statement of approval by a duly authorised representative of the organisation for the submission of the Award application
The Award in Leadership Development and Coaching recognises innovation in approaches to in the application of psychology to improve individual, team and organisational outcomes through effective interventions to improve leadership performance. Applications must show:
- Innovation in design and application
- Utilisation of psychological knowledge
- Impact on the organisation
- Demonstrated improvements in the performance, effectiveness, satisfaction, engagement and/or wellbeing of participating leaders
- Demonstrated organisational benefits to culture and organisational performance resulting from improved leadership outcomes, particularly in those areas of the organisation led by participating leaders
Value of the award
The winning organisation of the APS Workplace Excellence Award in Coaching: Leadership, Career and Performance will receive:
- A certificate identifying the winner of the Award
- Public recognition at an Awards ceremony
- An invitation to attend the Awards ceremony function/event
- Listing of the APS website and the College of Organisational Psychologists webpage
- Other promotional activities as determined by the APS College of Organisational Psychologists in consultation with the APS Board/National Office
An announcement of the opening of the Awards will be through APS email systems and the APS website. The nomination closing date will be approximately eight (8) weeks prior to the date of the Awards presentation.
||Commonwealth Bank of Australia
||(APS Workplace Excellence Award in Coaching: Leadership, Career, and Performance)