The APS Victorian Section of the College of Health Psychologists Postgraduate Student Book Award acknowledges postgraduate psychology students enrolled in Master or Doctor of Psychology, combined Masters/PhD, or PhD programs (not specifically health psychology) who demonstrate that a book/resource prize would provide health psychology related materials for current study, research or future work.
- The College of Health Psychologists Victorian Section Committee is responsible for administering the Award and for the funding of the Award
- The Committee of the Victorian Section of the College of Health Psychologists will form a Selection Committee which will assess eligible applications against the criteria of the Award
- The Selection Committee will provide a rationale for the proposed Award winner to the APS Board of Directors for consideration
- The Selection Committee may advise not to offer an Award, if no suitable nomination is received
- Within any given year, the Committee may determine to offer the Award to more than one winner, and the Award prize amount will be divided between the Award winners
- Once the recommended candidate has been approved by the APS Board, the Award will be presented at a Victorian Section of the College of Health Psychologists event or other APS event.
- Nominees must have commenced the Second Year of training in an APAC accredited postgraduate psychology program at an Australian University
- Applicants must be a current Student or Associate Member of the APS
- Applicants must reside in the State of Victoria at the time of applying
- Nominees must not be a current member of a Victorian Section of the College of Health Psychologists Committee during the nomination and selection period for this Award
- Calls for nominations for the Victorian Section of the College of Health Psychologists Postgraduate Student Book Award will be published in the April edition of InPsych and close no later than 31 May each year
- Call for nominations will also be made in March, or earlier, each year through the Member Group bulk email system
- Call for nominations will also be made through emails to the heads of department of each Australian tertiary institution with an APAC-accredited postgraduate psychology program
- Nominations will be accepted from the nominee and must be seconded by their university supervisor
- Nominations will be in the form of a written statement from the nominee, to a maximum length of 300 words, that is directly based on the selection criteria. Please click here for the nomination form
- Applications must include a copy of proof of enrolment in the accredited course
- Applicants must indicate the specific health psychology-book(s)/resource(s) that will be purchased with the prize money.
In judging the nominations for the Victorian Section of the College of Health Psychologists Postgraduate Student Book Award, the Selection Committee will assess:
- The application by the candidate of a scientist-practitioner model in their research, coursework and placement activities
- A demonstrated interest in the field of health psychology and behavioural medicine
- The application and utility of the health psychology book(s)/resource(s) to current study or research, or future career.
This page was last updated 22 Mar 2017
Value of the award
The successful candidate of the Award will:
- Be presented with a certificate
- Be reimbursed for the books/resources purchased to a total amount of $500.00
- Reimbursement will be provided once the receipt(s) are presented to the Treasurer of the Victorian Section of the College of Health Psychologists