This award encourages and recognises excellence in the area of the psychology of eating, weight and body image. The award is for the best thesis completed as part of an APAC accredited fourth year program in psychology.
- The Psychology of Eating, Weight and Body Image Interest Group is responsible for administering the Award and for funding of the Award.
- The National Committee for the Psychology of Eating, Weight and Body Image Interest Group will appoint a selection committee of at least three (3) members of the Member Group to be responsible for selecting an appropriate Award winner.
- The Award will be presented at the Psychology of Eating, Weight and Body Image AGM.
Nominees must be/have been enrolled in a psychology fourth year program (Honours or Postgraduate Diploma), at an Australian tertiary institution in the year of the award.
- Call for nominations will be advertised in InPsych, on the APS website and will be promoted via the Bulk Emailer and PEWBIG newsletter.
- Nominations are to be made by submitting the title and abstract of no more than 500 words.
- Nominations are to include a cover sheet with the nominee’s contact details and the nominee’s institute and course of study.
- Nominations must be accompanied by a signed declaration by the supervisor or Head of Department that the nominee is completing, or has completed (with date of completion) an eligible fourth year course.
- Nominations are to be sent electronically to email@example.com and addressed to the Chair of the Selection Committee of Psychology of Eating, Weight and Body Image Interest Group by 31 October.
- Each nomination will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Contribution to extending the knowledge base on the Psychology of Eating Weight and Body Image; and
- Quality of the research
- The committee will rate each nominee on the above criteria and the successful nominee will be selected upon the basis of the aggregate marks assigned by the selection committee.
- In any one year the committee may choose not to offer an award if the abovementioned criteria are not met.
Value of the award
Successful candidates for the Psychology of Eating, Weight and Body Image Interest Group Fourth Year Student Award will receive:
- an award of $250; and
- a certificate.
The winner’s abstract will also be featured in the Psychology of Eating, Weight and Body Image Interest Group newsletter.
Nominations close on 30 November and are to be sent electronically to:
Chair of the Selection Committee of Psychology of Eating, Weight and Body Image Interest Group
Comfort or Cued Consumption? The Role of Negative Mood, Food Cues and Impulsive Personality as Determinants of appetite
The Big Picture: Weight Stigma and Healthy Weight Management